From the desk of Lori Aufderhar, Summit’s Director of Operations/Retirement Coach:
I know you’re afraid, very afraid, yet it’s time to be brave. What’s your monster in the closet?
- Money issues you’re avoiding? Just keep the door closed and it will go away. If I don’t see it, it’s not an issue.
- Spending in a delusional way? Turning a blind eye to it, not watching what’s in your account, and charging more than you know you have.
- Tags hanging in your closet from recreational spending? Use the “Not it” Wardrobe Plan from the personal image chapter in my book to remove those scary items from your closet and take those hidden gems and sell them at a consignment store. Put those dollars towards your goals.
- Even when money is in a good state, we don’t want to take the time to look at it, we’d rather live life instead.
- Do you realize what would happen if you were no longer around? What if your spouse wasn’t around? I want you to feel prepared during an emotional time for you or your loved ones. Don’t leave them in the dark and don’t get left in the dark with where things are financially.
Take the fear of finance away by discovering the “Where’s it at?” Financial Inventory System in my book “Not it” An Approach to Life.
Have a fun and safe Halloween, everyone!