From the desk of Lori Aufderhar, Summit’s Director of Operations/Retirement Coach:
Did you know your mouth is the window to your health?
Having a smart mouth isn’t about being a smart aleck, it’s about:
- Taking care of our dental health
- Brush and floss – remove plaque to keep out of your bloodstream
- This is the type of plaque that can cause heart disease
- Have your teeth cleaned twice per year by a dental hygienist
- Infections in our mouths can spread through our bodies through swallowing
- Being smart about what you are putting into your mouth
- Food and beverage
- Have a “Yes list” of foods you know are good for you to choose from
- Make certain to ingest enough water every day
- Avoid ingredients known to cause diseases
- Watching the words that come out of our mouth
- Think before you speak
- Are you thinking of the best for all involved?
- Have healthy conversations
- Use compassion
- We hear what we say
- What we say not only affects others, it affects you as well
Today, press pause and think about your mouth. Are you taking care of your mouth, including what goes in and what comes out? Do you want to schedule with your dentist? Do you want to make changes to what you eat or what you say?