Trust services are available through an LPL Financial affiliate, The Private Trust Company, N.A., (PTC). PTC provides trust administrative services for individual and family assets. Licensed in all 50 states under its 1995 national banking charter, the bank does not engage in any lending or deposit taking, therefore specializing solely in providing fiduciary services.
The Private Trust Company does not provide day-to-day investment management for trust assets. Instead, PTC allows clients to delegate money management services or maintain their relationship with their financial advisors for investment management. PTC serves in an administrative corporate trustee role, providing all record keeping, accounting and tax preparation; also, PTC ensures that trusts are managed and distributions occur according to the terms of the trust document.
The Private Trust Company provides the following advantages:
- The Private Trust Company is designed to work with your financial advisor and other professionals as a team player, providing timely and accurate statements to you and your other advisors
- Experienced, knowledgeable and professional administrators with backgrounds in law, accounting, banking, and tax
- Trust officers who are sophisticated professionals with objective family sensitivities
- Chartered as a National Bank devoted solely to trust services for individuals and families
- Regulated and examined by the Comptroller of the Currency, audited by independent auditors, insured and bonded to protect client assets
- Able to provide trust services in all 50 states
- The Private Trust Company helps develop a written investment policy statement to provide clear understanding of your goals, objectives and guidelines for the trust
- Accounts are reviewed regularly and investment policies are revised as appropriate to reflect changes to the portfolio, client circumstances and markets