From the desk of Lori Aufderhar, Summit’s Director of Operations/Retirement Coach:
It’s twice as much fun when you share time with a friend or family member. Get out and get active instead of making plans to meet for food or beverages – how about meeting for a bike ride, a round of golf, or a walk?
By adding activity to your social calendar you not only improve your health, but the health of those you care most about.
Sure you can include some fun food afterwards, which you can prepare and share instead of relying on processed foods.
- Take a walk and have a picnic after
- Meet for coffee after a yoga class
- Enjoy a meal together after a workout at the club you’re a member of. Most of us have guest passes we never use
- Bring a snack for your bike ride while stopping to enjoy a pretty view and conversation
- Have a picnic after golf. Pack a cooler and remember the spring water
- Bring a picnic on the boat when you’re out for the day
- During family picnics take walks, play tennis, or go swimming
Take any activity that you enjoy and have twice the fun by adding someone special.
Copyright 2018 Lori Aufderhar